We believe that our people are the key to the company’s success. Their performance, well-being, and personal development have a significant impact on brand desire, consumer satisfaction, and, ultimately, our financial performance. Our people strategy comprises three key pillars: Leadership, Betterment, and Performance, all underpinned by ‘Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion’ (‘DEI’).
These pillars seek to focus our efforts on people and culture through:
- embedding DEI even further into our culture,
- attracting key talent,
- building role model leaders that empower people,
- creating a premier employee experience,
- instilling a mindset of continuous learning,
- recognizing and rewarding both individual and team performance.
Our goal is to develop a culture that values the experience, well-being, and performance of our employees. To support this, we introduced our adidas values in 2022: Courage, Ownership, and Innovation, as well as Team Play, Respect, and Integrity. Throughout the year, we focused on implementing and embedding these values across our people policies and processes, including the way we hire, promote, and evaluate performance. To support the global launch, we took a cascade leadership development approach and upskilled nearly 300 of our executive leaders plus an additional 1,957 people leaders. These leaders are now going through the ‘Living Our Values Team Workout’ development session together with their teams. The training is offered in 21 languages globally.
Leadership, Betterment, and Performance are the three pillars of our people strategy:
- Leadership: We will develop leaders to own the game and act as role models empowering all people to realize their possibilities.
- Betterment: We believe in a mindset of continuous learning and improvement and are committed to providing relevant learning opportunities to upskill and reskill for the future.
- Performance: We build the best teams that play to win, recognizing and rewarding both individual and team performances.